Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 2.0

I realized I did not have a photo of the bread in the previous post.  The bread was so good that Math Teacher and I immediately devoured it.  This was unacceptable behavior for a blogger, and I apologize.  Here's the recipe again.  I changed it a little bit.  I also attached several pictures!

Dry Ingredients:
  • 1¾ cups flour
  • 1 tspn baking soda
  • ½ tspn baking powder
  • ½ tspn pumpkin pie spice
  • ¼ tspn salt
Wet Ingredients:
  • 5 bananas (ripe)
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • 1 tspn vanilla extract
Extra Ingredient:  1 bar of chocolate, chopped.  I used Trader Joe's 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar, 1.65 oz (47g).

Note:  Pumpkin pie spice is not normal.  Normal people use cinnamon.  I don't like cinnamon that much.  Math Teacher bought pumpkin pie spice during Thanksgiving thinking we'd make pumpkin pie; that didn't happen.  So now I have a lot of pumpkin pie spice left.  Anyway, cinnamon is the first ingredient listed on the pumpkin pie spice label; so good enough for a novice baker like me.

Steps:
  1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Definitely do this step first.  Then I'll have clean measuring cups and spoons for the wet ingredients.
  2. Smoosh the bananas in another large bowl.
  3. Scramble the eggs into the smooshed bananas.
  4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients into the banana-egg bowl.  Combine well.
  5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Fold the mixture and make sure no flour lumps.
  6. Add the chopped chocolate into the mixture.  Fold well.
  7. Dump the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
  8. Bake at 180℃ for 45 minutes.
  9. Let the bread cool enough to handle, then transfer to a rack to cool off even more.
Banana Bread ver 2.0 in the loaf pan

Banana Bread ver 2.0 full side view

Banana Bread ver 2.0 cut view

Version 2.0 was spongier.  I don't know if it was the five bananas vs. four bananas before; or it was the chopped chocolate instead of chia seeds.  I like version 2.0 better.

47 grams of chopped chocolate was not enough.  If I bit directly into the chocolate, then I knew the chocolate was in the bread.  Otherwise I couldn't really taste it.  Next time I'll put in more chocolate to see if it makes a difference.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...