Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Evils of the Society

A wise friend once said, The Three Evils of the Society:
  1. Religious Organizations
  2. Political Parties
  3. Homeowners Associations*
Recently I applied for home loan; my old internet company AT&T was hacked; and my mother-in-law was scammed by fake Hewlett Packard tech support.  So I had to deal with credit monitoring agencies.  I decided, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse:
  1. Religious Organizations
  2. Political Parties
  3. Homeowners Associations
  4. Credit Monitoring Agencies*
*I actually wanted to switch #3 and #4 because I believed credit monitoring agencies contributed nothing to the society except chaos, but Math Teacher hated Homeowners Association with all his being.  So HOA stayed at #3.

Because obtaining a home loan, I had to deal with insurance company.  My old insurance agent retired without telling anybody.  It took at least a year to plan for retirement.  I had recently spoken to his secretary.  Two weeks later I received an email saying he retired.  His secretary mentioned nothing.  He was like, fuck you all!!  Therefore, Honorable Mentions / Necessary Evils:
  1. Banking & Financial Services
  2. Insurance Companies
This list is not all-inclusive.  I will update as things come up.

HALLOWEEN + Spooky Good Sales!

Halloween is here! Are you trick-or-treating? What costume are you planning on wearing? I'll be home giving out candies. I haven'...