Pages

Friday, July 16, 2021

Tomato & Cucumber Salad

Salad Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Gnocchi

Dressing Ingredients:
  • 3 tbspn olive oil
  • 1 tbspn balsamic vinegar
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic (minced or powder), optional
  • herb, optional

Steps:
  1. Mix the dressing into a jar and shake well.  I like to refrigerate it before drizzling it onto anything.
  2. Cut up tomatoes and cucumber into the same size as the gnocchi.
  3. Boil gnocchi.  Gnocchi cooks faster than dried pasta.  So keep an eye on it.
  4. Drain gnocchi.
  5. Put tomatoes, cucumber, and gnocchi together.  Drizzle the dressing over and serve.

Tomato & Cucumber Salad

I make this salad quite often, and with variations. Sometimes I use chickpeas instead of gnocchi.  Sometimes I put cheese.  Today I was hungry and craving something substantial, after enduring a virtual training class from midnight to 6am due to time zone difference.  So gnocchi! 😋

The dressing is very versatile too.  It's basically 3:1 oil to acid ratio.  Everything else is optional.  It goes great with any salad.  I think it's the easiest salad dressing recipe floating around on the interweb.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...