Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Punctuality

 I don't even know where to begin about Japanese punctuality; so I'll just list all the examples.

1.  Internet set up:  the appointment time was between 1pm ~ 5pm.  The man came at 1pm.

2.  Household moving company:  the appointment time was between 1pm ~ 2pm.  The man came at 12:55pm.

3.  Shopping package delivery:  the delivery time was between 6pm ~ 9pm.  The man came at 5:40pm.

4.  Household moving company, part II:  the appointment time was at 8am.  They came at 7:25am.

I mean, I appreciated it, but what if I wasn't home?

04 July 2021 Opposite of Japanese Punctuality:

The office hours of the Property Management Office is 9am ~ 6pm, everyday, except Wednesday.

Three Japanese grandmas run the place.

We went to the office to pay rent on Sunday, 04 July 2021, at 3:30pm.  The office was closed, without any notice posted on the door.  I called the cell phone of Lady Middlefield, one of the Japanese grandmas running the place; nobody answered.  I emailed her; she emailed me back saying "We're closed today.  Pay tomorrow."  She didn't explain why they were closed on a day they should've been open.

I emailed her back asking what time the office would be open.  She emailed me back saying "9:30am".  The sign on the door said 9am.  If I hadn't asked, I would've wasted more time waiting for them.

This is not the first time they closed the office without notice.  In the past, however, they would at least post a sign saying "We'll be back in an hour".  They were never back in an hour, but at least there was a sign.

Apparently Japanese punctuality and professionalism do not apply to Japanese grandmas.

05 July 2021 Opposite of Japanese Punctuality, Part II:

We arrived at the Property Management Office at 9:20am.  The office was already opened.  So they were opened on time at 9am.  Why did Lady Middlefield tell me 9:30am?  I had other places to be!  I asked her if 04 July was a Japanese holiday; she said no.  She said she went home so she closed the office early 😲

It was ¥1,000/day penalty for me paying rent late.  Why wasn't there a penalty for them to close office early, especially at the beginning of the month when people needed to pay rent?! 😡

Japanese punctuality and professionalism definitely do not apply to Japanese grandmas.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...