Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

3/8 tsp salt

1 tbspn honey

1 egg

2/3 cup milk

1 tbspn unsalted butter


Steps:

  1. Mix dry ingredients together.  I sift everything.  I don't know if sifting makes any difference, but that's what fancy cooking shows do.
  2. Mix wet ingredients together.
  3. Dump wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Mix well.  
  4. If the batter feels too thick, add one tablespoon of milk at a time.  I've added between one tablespoon to three tablespoons on different occasions.
  5. Put very little butter in a pan and start making pancakes!  Wait until air bubbles form on the top, then flip it over.
  6. Serve with butter or jam or honey!!

Pancakes


I like using honey in the batter.  I think it's what gives that beautiful swirl in the picture.


Usually my first one is beautiful, and then it just progressively gets uglier and uglier.  In the picture I hid three ugly pancakes underneath the three beautiful ones.


This time I had leftover garlic butter from making the failed naans (see previous post).  So I used the garlic butter in the batter and in the pan.  OMG!!! 😋 The pancakes smelled wonderful!  The smell reminded me of honey and bacon!  I never had savory pancakes but now i want to try!

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...