Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

When they announced this movie to be Chinese martial arts superhero movie, I didn't believe them, given it was Disney.  I thought it would be pan-Asian.  I was going to watch it anyway because it was Marvel.
 
不但說中文,還用成語和粗話!This was the first time I didn't get lost while reading the scrolling exposition (*cough* Star Wars *cough*); I could just listen.

The movie was entertaining and enjoyable.  The dragon and the soul-suckers were a bit much, but I figured it was Marvel trying to link the plot to multi-verse later on.

I read that some early audiences thought the mythical creatures in Ta-Lo were Pokemons.  Kudos to Marvel executives for believing in the movie enough to put fake Pokemons in it.

I was also surprised to learn that The Ten Rings were the ones abducted Tony Stark in Iron Man 1.  There must be timelines for everyone in Marvel, and the timelines were as huge as a warehouse.

The movie was full of references to older martial arts movies. 真懷念呀!

數學老師說梁朝偉的馬步蹲得比劉思慕好😂。說實在的,梁朝偉演了那麼多武功大師,他根本不需要那些十環的特效,他姿勢隨便擺擺就大俠了。

梁朝偉真的迷死人不償命。電影裡叫「Wenwu」,是文武雙全的君子大壞蛋嗎?讀了一輩子的武俠小說,梁朝偉就是從書裡跑出來的呀。

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...