Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Kurashiki One-Day Trip

Kurashiki as a city needs to do a better job of tourism advertising.  It is not a half-day trip; it is not a one-day trip.

The city has got museums, shrine, park, old-timey houses, river walk, shops along river walk, gondola down the river, swans in the river.  Museums along include art museum, natural history museum, folklore museum, etc.

At least for me, I needed three days in this city.  However, I was lied to by the advertising, thinking it was a halfway stopping point between Osaka and Hiroshima.  So I planned one-night stay there.  It was not enough!

The willow trees along the river were swaying poetically.  We were rained on for a little while, but the rain simply added to the romance.  The swans were so cute!  I did not have enough time for shopping.  Apparently jeans and/or denims were very popular in the city.  They even had blue color ice cream!  Restaurants were all delicious!

Sigh, if I had time, I'd go back and stayed longer.

Delicious eki-ben

Beer for a hot day

つばめ喫茶室:  It is inside a courtyard that seems to be a museum.  OMG, the best chai that I've had in Japan.  Chai in Japan tends to be more milky than spice-y, but not here.  I could taste the spices and the milk.  It was wonderful!
Delicious vegan restaurant

Ohara Museum of Art

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...