Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Fukusaya Castella cakes

Fukusaya is one of the most famous company for castella cakes.  It's spongy, moist, sweet, and delicate.  I've had castella cakes from Fukusaya for years.

Until this year.

While we were souvenir shopping at Nagasaki Airport, Math Teacher suddenly started humming Batman theme music and said, "BATMAN!"  I was thoroughly confused.

He then pointed to the logo of Fukusaya and said, "BATMAN!"

That was when I realized, the company logo for Fukusaya was a bat.  To make sure, I asked the staff at the souvenir shop, and she confirmed it was a bat.

Math Teacher was happy that one of my favorite food in Japan belonged to Batman/Wayne Enterprise.  I said, no.  The castella cake pre-dated Batman.  He wasn't having any of it.

Anyway, great cake to go with black tea.  The sweetness of the cake balanced out the bitterness of the tea. Wonderful pair.

Bat signal on the lower left

Bat signal

Bat signal and the castella cake


May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...