Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

No Sugar Challenge

6/28/2022 Day 1:  I have a two-week business trip coming up, eating junk food and living in hotel.  As a preventive measure, I decided to stop eating sugar.

Defining sugar is difficult and convoluted.  So I decided simply no desserts and sugary drinks.  No desserts after meals; no cakes or cookies or donuts from shops.  No alcohol, either.  Only tea, water, and black coffee.

It had been more than one week.  I felt no difference at first.  No weight loss.  No inch loss.  No clear skin.  Nothing per the all-knowing internet.

Until today 7/7/2022.  Math Teacher was feeling groggy.  During the yoga class, I felt dizzy while bending down.  Low blood sugar type of dizzy.

Sugar withdrawal, we decided.

7/12/2022 week 2:  I really didn't see any difference.  I felt groggy in week 1 and didn't sleep well for a couple nights.  Other than that, nothing.  Same weight.  Same waistline.  Same triple chins.

7/15/2022:  We finally measured ourselves.  Should've done this at the beginning, but we were both really bad at planning.  So our waistlines were at 36" and 35", respectively.  Guess which was which.

7/22/2022:  The end of the challenge.  We measured again.  **Drum Roll**  36" and 35", respectively.  Three weeks and three days of no desserts and no beer; wasted!  😡😠😢

The next measurement would be the end of the business trip.  😨😟

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...