Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

First Blood (1982)

I watched this movie when I was little, and I did not remember a thing at all.  I thought it was a brainless shoot-em-up movie.  Boy was I wrong.

The movie was about a veteran with PTSD.  He snapped because people didn't understand.  I did not expect to watch about a deep question on a Sunday night.  So how did our collective societal memory only remember Rambo as a badass and killed a bunch of villains?

Sylvester Stallone's acting was great.  Again, I only remembered him as an action star, but he actually played "panic" very well.

20+ years had passed.  I had a deeper understanding of it.  I appreciated the movie more.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...