Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Princess Bride (1987)

This movie was wonderful.  Limited special effects, simple story, but it won people over with colorful characters.

The two main characters were my least favorite.  I loved everyone else, including the villains!  The giant was adorable.  The prince was cute in his purple fluffy skirt.  The witty/witless short dude plopped dead.  Hilarious!  Inconceivable!

And of course everyone's favorite.  "My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die!"  There were so many quotable lines in this movie, but this one got repeated again and again so it was all everyone remembered.

I watched this movie a few years ago, and I did not like Buttercup.  This time I disliked her less.  As I grew older, I finally understood some of her facial expressions when she looked at Westley.  That dumbfounded expression at Westley's stupid-ass words.  That was basically my face to Math Teacher everyday.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...