Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

Math Teacher said this movie inspired a lot of pop culture references so I needed to watch it to understand those references.

Um, what do I say?  This movie was strange.  Or it wasn't my cup of tea.  Or I did not understand British humor.

For a run time of 90 minutes, I got bored.  Math Teacher's favorite part, Galahad the Chaste, really had nothing to do with the rest of the movie.  And that was about it.  A lot of jokes didn't have anything to do with the movie, like the opening credits kept sacking someone, or someone complained monarchy was a dictatorship, or the modern police scenes.

Of course my favorite parts were already uploaded to YouTube, the swallows with the coconuts.  They were funny because the joke was mentioned in the beginning of the movie and then again towards the end.  Consistency.

I also liked all the insults hurled by the French soldiers at King Arthur.  Very creative.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...