Pages

Friday, January 19, 2024

Horror short story, #2

I don't know what I was smoking when I had this dream.  It was so vivid that I had to write it down.

I also don't know how to classify this story because I was awoken by a noise.  Either this was a sweet family reunion short story or a murder horror crime scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My brother and I were at my parents' place, which was a cottage-cabin type of house.  We came back from groceries shopping.  Plastic bags and paper bags were everywhere on the kitchen counter.  Everyone was chatting.  I decided to go upstairs to my bedroom for a nap.

Gradually the chatter died down.  Gradually I woke up from the nap.  I looked into every bedroom; I went downstairs; the groceries bags were still on the kitchen counter.  I called out for them.  Nobody answered.  I shrugged.  Maybe they went out again.

I went upstairs.  There appeared a white grandmother.  She had straight, shoulder-length grey hair.  She wore a red sweater.  She was plump but basically a regular-size grandmother.  She was not part of the family.  She was not in the cottage earlier.

My heart jumped.  I asked, "Grandmother, do you want to go downstairs?"

She replied, "Sure."

So we walked downstairs to the kitchen.  She tapped on the microwave oven and commented, "I could never figure this thing out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Fin ~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I heard a "weeeee" noise.  It wasn't too loud.  I woke up from the dream.  I thought it was the neighbor or Math Teacher.  I asked him later; he said he didn't make any noise around that time, but the neighbors were being loud as usual.

So, either the noise prevented me from meeting my white grandmother from a previous life, or the noise prevented me from being murdered by a white grandmother in my dream.

Seriously, was I high or something?  I would have never thought of this idea in a million years if I were sober.

On the other hand, I do my best writing while sleeping.

COPYRIGHT!

Contact me at NaNaKo Sai Gwin's Dreamscape if you want to turn this into a complete story!

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...