Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 5.1

I read a recipe of banana bread with sour cream.  I had sour cream leftover so I thought I'd try.

The basic ingredients were almost identical, such as 1/2 cup of butter.  See Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 5.0.  I followed the new recipe by adding in 1/2 cup of sour cream, a few handfuls of chopped walnuts, and a few handfuls of chocolate chips.

Nope.  Nuh uh.  I didn't like the tangy flavor of the sour cream.  It was strange.  Also, I'm not sure if it was the sour cream, but the banana bread was greasy.  The past recipes also called for 1/2 cup of butter, and I never thought it was greasy.  Maybe sour cream did something to the butter?  I'd never try this again.

See the bottom of the bread?  I didn't mix the batter well.  So, remember to mix the batter really well, or the texture will be dense and chewy, and that's not good.

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 5.1

I really liked the additions of both walnuts and chocolate.  In the past I added only either walnuts or chocolates.  This time I added both.  Walnuts made the bread feel healthy.  Chocolate made it luxurious.  Yes!  From now on, I'm adding both walnuts and chocolates to the banana bread.

HALLOWEEN + Spooky Good Sales!

Halloween is here! Are you trick-or-treating? What costume are you planning on wearing? I'll be home giving out candies. I haven'...