Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Apocalypto (2006)

I was not expecting much of this movie.  The title looked ok; I didn't even know how to pronounce the name.  The description on the DVD box was ok.  In the first ten minutes I was like, Did I need to read subtitle the entire time?

It turned out to be a great movie.  I'm not judging who was wrong and who was right; that was for people in the future.  I'm simply understanding the culture a little bit more.  Nobody wanted to see their villages pillaged, their women raped, and their children abandoned.  When big important people did enough bad things, the little people wouldn't want to help when the Spanish showed up.

I was warned of blood, gory, and violence.  I didn't think so.  This movie wasn't any more bloody than, say, John Wick shot someone's brain out.  In fact, a lot of gory scenes in Apocalypto were kind of blurred in the background, or quick cuts, or implied.  🌟🌟🌟🌟

HALLOWEEN + Spooky Good Sales!

Halloween is here! Are you trick-or-treating? What costume are you planning on wearing? I'll be home giving out candies. I haven'...