Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Jicama Fries

Ingredients:
  • Jicama 
  • Olive oil 
  • Salt & pepper 
  • 1/4 tspn turmeric
  • 1/4 tspn ginger powder 
Steps:
  1. Cut jicama into french fry shape.
  2. Preheat the oven to 210°C. 
  3. Bake for at least 15 minutes.
Jicama Fries

Don't they look exactly like french fries?  Turmeric especially gave it that golden color.  I tried with paprika before; it gave that reddish color and it can fool a person to think it's spicy fries.

I love jicama.  It can be eaten raw as in salad or it can be in stir fry or it can be baked like french fries.  Its crunch texture is amazing.  I can never overcook it so I can never fail at this delicious ingredient.

Jicama should be more popular.  It is full of fiber and water.  It can fill me up but not feel stuffed afterwards.  The light crisp texture is so much better than the greasy fries.  I can eat a pound of this and not feel guilty at all.

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...