Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Aquaman (2018), Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

I watched the first one to be prepared for the second one.  Wow, the first one was a lot of movies.  It crammed everything into one movie, epic adventure, sci-fi, romance, action, politics.  Maybe the studio was afraid there wouldn't be a sequel. Most of it was probably the director telling Jason Momoa, "Just look handsome and smoldering."  I didn't mind.  😋

The second one was cute and entertaining. It continued the same style as the first one. Globe trotting adventures with a lot of undersea actions. I really like the brotherhood bonding. The bantering was fun; it showed their love and respect for each other.

The villain was a bit generic, but I liked that it wasn’t one true chosen villain. Anyone that picked up the fork could be a villain. So there were a few twists that were enjoyable.

By the way, was Black Manta’s chest CGI’ed? It was too magnificent. I couldn’t look away. 😍

The mad scientist was adorable. Randall Park is a great actor. I hope he gets more roles in the future.

One thing I had to pick on was, Jason Momoa's suit looked loose.  Did they run out of money on tailoring?

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...