Pages

Friday, June 14, 2024

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

They tried to expand the universe and give backstory to a lot of things. They made this movie darker and grittier. I don't like movies that made me think. This was supposed to be senseless action mindless summer entertainment.

For example, there were the Citadel, the Bullet Farm, and the Gas Town. The economy was barter system, but it got me thinking. This economy was unsustainable because there was no actual food. They showed cabbages, but they didn't show people working on farms.

Then there was the man-to-woman ratio. It seemed 100 men to 1 woman.  Only the top brass got to breed, but the sons looked deformed. In the beginning they kidnapped Furiosa because she was a potential breeder, but half way through it seemed everyone forgot she was a woman. I was hoping she lost her arm early on so they didn't see her as a perfect breeder, but no. She lost her arm towards the end. So it got me thinking; this population was unsustainable.

Anya Taylor-Joy is not Charlize Theron. Nobody is Charlize Theron.  
Charlize Theron is currently the only woman in movies that is beautiful and can act. Anya Taylor-Joy tried to look tough, but Charlize Theron's eyes showed more dominance.

I'm surprised that Chris Hemsworth was a good villain. He was batshit crazy, but they also gave him a deep side by saying to Furiosa, "You kill me. I'm dead, but you live on in misery."  Eff! It made me too sad.

Overall, not as good as Mad Max:  Fury Road (2015), and they knew it, because at the end they showed clips of Fury Road to sum up the movie. I was glad to see Fury Road on big screen again, but 
Furiosa:  A Mad Max Saga simply forgot it was supposed to be fun.

HALLOWEEN + Spooky Good Sales!

Halloween is here! Are you trick-or-treating? What costume are you planning on wearing? I'll be home giving out candies. I haven'...