Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 5.2

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 07 JUNE 2024:  Saw another recipe online; it was almost identical to Pumpkin Pie Spiced Banana Bread, ver. 5.0, except this version 5.2 had no baking powder.  I was curious so I gave it a try.

Weirdly enough; Math Teacher and I tasted no difference without baking powder.  I'm not a baker so I don't understand the science.  But, I understand money.  If I don't need baking powder for the banana bread, then I won't use it.  Save some money.

I will try again to make sure it's not a fluke.  I'll post the recipe, a picture, and a final verdict.

UPDATED ON 29 JUNE 2024:  I made the bread one more time with baking soda only, and one more time with both baking soda and baking powder.  Strangely, the bread with baking soda only either was about 5% too greasy or 5% too dry.  The bread with both baking soda and baking powder was fluffy and the right amount of non-greasy and non-dry.  I didn't understand how extra air from the baking powder could make something non-greasy and non-dry, given all other ingredients were the same.  I guess I'm still making the original recipe with both baking soda and baking powder.

I've decided to start measuring the amounts of chopped walnuts and chocolate chips that I mixed into the bread.  In the past that I merely eyeballed it.  This time I used 1/4 cups of walnuts and 1/4 cups of chocolate chips.  Walnuts were not enough; chocolates were enough.  When I figure out the exact measurements, I'll post the recipe, a picture, and a final verdict.

HALLOWEEN + Spooky Good Sales!

Halloween is here! Are you trick-or-treating? What costume are you planning on wearing? I'll be home giving out candies. I haven'...