Pages

Monday, July 26, 2021

Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Men's Fencing, Saber, Final

It was Hungary vs. Italy.  The competitors walked out on stage with the music of Imperial March from Star Wars.  I laughed so hard that my belly hurt.  Why Imperial March for fencing?  Was it the lightsaber thing?

Then the final competition began.  It was no competition at all.  The referee said go; Hungary immediately slashed Italy for one point.  The referee said go again; Hungary immediately poked Italy for another point.  Every time the referee said go, Hungary got another point.  It was obvious Hungary was skills way above Italy. 🤺🤺🤺

I got to thinking.  This was for the gold.  If Hungary was this good, what happened to the previous rounds?  Did Hungary kill them all?

Oh My God! 😲 Was that why the Imperial March was playing?  Because Darth Vader was coming!!!

When Hungary won and he took off his helmet, I was stunned.  A sculpted face with deep-set eyes and mesmerizing smile.  He exuded confidence because he knew he was the best.  The man was so handsome he could've been a model.  I bet he has clothing line and/or shoe line in Hungary for sale.  I wouldn't mind supporting whatever he's selling 😀

29 July 2021 Update:  I watched women's team epee final.  As the competitors walked out, Imperial March still played in the background.  So they have decided Imperial March is the official music for fencing matches??!!  By the way, one of Estonia women's fencing team members looked like a supermodel, and she looked really mean, too.  I hope she got a movie deal!

May the love be with you! FREE Historical Romance!

Check out these free historical novels! https://books.bookfunnel.com/eroyalmay2024/v1hjgerfc7 My short story, REDEMPTION, is also in the pro...